Deserted on an island....what would you bring, provided that your basic toiletries were accounted for? These are some of the things that we couldn't live without; from our favorite linen v-neck to creams we swear by or snacks we crave. Here's a list of 5 items we would bring:
1. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Chapped lips have always been an issue for me and I find this cream to be the only thing that helps. It is the first thing I put on when I get out of the shower and last thing I apply before I go to sleep. I also use it to tame my crazy eyebrows. Not to mention its great for soothing minor burns, which could be quite helpful on a deserted island!
2. American Apparel Hooded Sweatshirt - Ahh love at first sight! I own this cozy zippy in 5 colors, but the salt and pepper grey is by far my favorite. I wear it to the gym, around the apt., and my favorite way is with ripped denim shorts/jeans and Chanel ballet flats.
4. Havaianas Slim Flip Flop - A mindless throw on I wear way more than I would like to admit. There are only 2 months in Hong Kong when I don't wear them! They also match every casual item I own.
3. Hanky Panky Low Rise Thongs - Before this seamless thong was introduced to me I literally did not wear underwear because I hated the way other thongs fit me. The seams always showed through my pants and they always pinched me in the wrong places. Hanky Pankys have a flattering comfortable cut that works on everybody. I now wear underwear everyday.
5. Mary's Gone Cackers Pretzels - These are my "go to" for my 3pm snack craving. I guess you can say they are a healthy alternative to the typical pretzel, but I'll take these over Rold Gold any day! Don't tell anyone, but sometimes I eat a whole bag in one sitting. Hi, my name is Alex and I'm addicted to Marys Gone Crackers Pretzels.
1. Linen V-Neck Pocket Tee- I have about 10 of these in my closet and wear them ALL THE TIME as they are so comfortable. I also love them because they are long enough to wear with leggings, and the v-neck is perfect in that it's not too high or low. And the linen material makes it nice to wear during the summer months where the humidity can reach beyond 100% in Hong Kong.
2. Lucas' Papaw Ointment- An ALL-IN-ONE ointment that I carry in my bag at all times. Mainly used for my dry lips, but this antibacterial/antimicrobial ointment can be used for bug bites, minor cuts and wounds, and sunburn. It's the best!
3. Toms- Not the most stylish, but definitely one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.... and when you're stuck on a deserted island, comfort is paramount.
4. An oversized light weight cashmere scarf- Can be used as a cover-up or a just to keep you warm in the cool evenings, I always carry a scarf in my bag. It's also makes an outfit look effortlessly chic.
5. Kind Bars, Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt- OBSESSED with these. They are so delicious; the combination of sweet and salty is just perfect, and the nuts add a nice crunch. A perfect way to start the morning if you don't have time for a full breakfast, or a nice snack to have mid day when dinner is still a couple of hours away.